I’m Carl Filipiak, and in addition to performing and writing, I also teach.
If you’re interested in rock, jazz or blues, I can definitely help you play what you love. I’m into everything from the Beatles to Hendrix, Miles to Metheny, Albert King to Eric Clapton and anything in between. All levels are welcome. I have a convenient location and parking as well as a spacious studio and waiting room for your comfort. You will have access to information from my personal library of records, CDs and books.
In addition to guitar, I also teach music theory for all instruments.
My teaching studio is located in Baltimore (the Timonium area) and lessons are $75 an hour. Lessons are scheduled on a weekly or every other week basis, Monday through Thursday. If you are interested call 410-561-8750.
All you need is your guitar and an open mind!
Gift certificates are now availble for lessons, so contact me for details.
I am proud to say that I have crossed musical paths with the following artists:
• George Waltemire—George has been selected to perform in the PMEA District 7 Jazz Band and All-State Jazz Ensemble. He was chosen as the only guitar seat out of the whole state of Pennsylvania. Congratulations, George! Read more here. (PDF)
• John Grant—Producer and guitarist extraordinaire; hear John on his latest release, “True Spirit”
• Melanie Mason—Blues extraordinaire
• Mike Miller from Godhead
• Randy Runyon—Art of Life Recording Artist; hear Randy on his latest release, “Arrival”
• Andy Shriver—Plays and records with the best bands in Baltimore
• Chris Vazquez—Jazz and fusion guitarist
Click below to view concepts from Carl’s video:
Intermediate (Includes Lead Sheets!)